Tuesday 17 May 2011

Summer jackets from Albam

You may have noticed I'm a big fan of a well-made jacket. And I'm also a big fan of Albam. So when Albam turns out a well-made jacket I'm doubly happy. Recently however, they've gone one better, and turned out two well-made jackets, both excellent for the sort of summer evening when a shirt alone won't suffice.

First up is this very neatly constructed Shawl Collar Deck Jacket, which comes in a 100% cotton 'loopback' fleece. Details include two pockets with studs and a zip front with hand-cut leather pull.

Next is their cotton twill Jean Jacket, cut from the same Italian cloth as their excellent chinos. I like the unfussy minimalist design of this one, just a single breast pocket and seven buttons at the front. And the classic jean jacket details at the back with two tabs.

To be honest, I haven't tried either of these on yet, but I'll definitely be popping down to their Soho branch in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment